Servings: 20 Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinade Time: 4-12 Hours
This marinade is the perfect blend of citrus, cumin, garlic, cilantro, and just a hint of heat. It’s also great for shredded pork and beef. Using your Globe mixer takes the labor and time out of shredding by hand and gives you a more consist product. You can also shred it fresh and hot right off the grill!
Tags: Cooking, Mexican Food, Immersion Blender, Food Prep, Marinade, Mixer, Charbroiler
(may add more text here)
- 8 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 & 1/4 cups olive oil (or canola oil)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 6 limes (squeezed)
- ½ of one orange or one clementine (squeezed)
- 1/2 of one lemon (squeezed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lime peel or zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. basil or oregano
- 1 small or 1/2 jalapeño (no stem or seeds)
- Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel before placing in marinade to allow it to absorb more flavor.
- Squeeze three limes, ½ lemon, and ½ orange into bowl.
- Place the other ingredients into the bowl and blend with an immersion Blender for 30 seconds.
- Place chicken in bowl and cover or a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Let the chicken sit out for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Charbroil, grill, or bake – shred while hot!
Shredding the Chicken with a SP20 mixer and flat beater:
- Pour the HOT chicken into the SP20 bowl while HOT
- Mix on setting 1 for 10-15 seconds.
- Add ½ cup of Adobo sauce, juice from 2 squeezed limes and mix again for another 15-20 seconds or until the chicken is shredded to your liking.