Manager of Sales Administration
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Sales Administration
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/Salary
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
The Manager of Sales Administration oversees all functions as they apply to order entry for equipment sales, including internal and external customer interaction. He or she manages the Customer Service-Equipment Team. This person assists with account questions, orders, cancellations, errors, billing, complaints and other queries. This position provides support to the Sales Management Team to assist them in achieving company-imposed targets. The Manager of Sales Administration works in cooperation with the IT Department to create, distribute and maintain sales reports, program documents and other essential sales-related documentation. He or she works directly with internal staff, regional sales managers (“RSM’s”), our independent sales representatives (“reps”), buying groups, dealers and distributors in fulfilling the functions outlined below. This position qualifies for the Globe Manager Bonus Program.
- Manage the Customer Service-Equipment Team. This includes updates on inventory status and lead times, communicating any special order items with the Director of Supply Chain and Logistics, and prioritizing work assignments.
- Create, document and implement policies and processes as they relate to the Customer Service-Equipment Team and their job functions, often working in partnership with the Customer Service Team Lead-Equipment
- Maintain accurate job descriptions for all positions within the Customer Service-Equipment Team
- Prepare and present annual performance appraisals to all direct reports
- Hire/fire Customer Service-Equipment Team personnel, as needed
- Be proficient in the order entry process to assist with entering orders when vacations or backlogs occur.
- Participate in monthly leadership meeting. Provide insight about the Customer Service-Equipment Team’s successes and challenges as they work to meet the company’s annual strategic objectives. Report on key performance indicators monthly.
- Manage the Pricing Tool and individual dealer programs with the Customer Service-Equipment Team, Accounting Department, RSM’s and reps to ensure dealer pricing is kept up-to-date and accurate. Create program documents and/or update account cards, as needed. Interface with the IT Department in an effort to continuously improve the Pricing Tool.
- Manage the spec credit process, working with one or more of the following to verify complete and accurate information: RSM, rep and/or dealer. Work with Customer Service-Equipment to ensure spec credit is honored and applied appropriately.
- Maintain users in Rep Resources, approving new accounts, assigning credentials and removing accounts, as needed
- Create and primarily maintain Globe’s Event Calendar for Sales & Marketing
- Maintain Chain Codes. Audit invoice history regularly to ensure chain codes are being assigned to all applicable orders, making corrections via WISYS, if needed. Continuously coach the Customer Service-Equipment Team in proper chain code application. Regularly request copies of Middleby Chain Code reporting spreadsheets from CFO; compare Middleby spreadsheets to Globe’s Chain Code list, working with IT to have new chain codes created, if necessary. Utilize WISYS to update chain codes in invoice history for any new Middleby chain codes identified during the comparison process.
- Maintain and distribute RSM, Customer Service-Equipment and rep area responsibility maps, updating when changes are made
- Maintain rep contact spreadsheet
- Maintain buying group contact spreadsheet and directories, also keeping buying group information updated on account cards in eSynergy
- Act as inside sales contact for all buying group offices, working directly with them as required and disseminating information, when appropriate
- Create and distribute regular reports with key customers defined by the RSM’s to communicate key sales data and achieve company sales targets.
- Maintain and distribute specials and promotions associated with buying group conferences and trainings
- Audit monthly commission and rebate reports generated by the Accounting Department
- Maintain spreadsheet of all rebate programs, updating as changes are made. Contact individual program dealers and select buying group dealers to inform them of their performance to-date and solicit sales to achieve specific volume targets, as appropriate.
- Create, maintain and distribute monthly reports to the RSM’s. Upload monthly sales, commission and invoice reports to Rep Resources in the proper locations to maintain confidentiality. Create and maintain monthly rep objective reports, forwarding to the sales management team as per territory assignments and uploading to Rep Resources in the proper location to maintain confidentiality. Create and distribute specific dealer and buying group sales reports on a monthly or otherwise regular basis. Create and distribute other sales reports, as requested. These are mostly hand generated. Work with IT and their schedules to automate these reports.
- Maintain invoice report in Excel
- Update master rep line list annually, or as needed if rep territory changes occur mid-year
- Check RSM mail; scan and email, as needed
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
GENERAL WORKPLACE EXPECTATIONS:
- Understand and adhere to Globe Vision, Mission, and Core Beliefs.
- Adhere to all Globe policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of customer service, sales administration/coordination experience required
- Three years of prior sales administration/coordination experience
- Proficient computer skills, including all Globe corporate software and the Microsoft Office bundle
REQUIRED MENTAL/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations in a professional and courteous manner
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a routine basis
- Exceptional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Possess a high level of administrative skill to effectively manage activities, paperwork and electronic files
- Prolific organizational skills, able to maintain accurate records
- Strong sense of urgency, results-oriented
- Able to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Able to analyze a situation, gather data and provide reports/information that is easily understood and accurate for all stakeholders
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Able to maintain confidential information
This is an office position where the employee will be sitting most hours of the day utilizing standard office machinery including, but not limited to, computer and telephone.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume detailing your qualifications to email@example.com
Globe Food Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.