POSITION TITLE: Parts and Service Representative
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Salary
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Engineering & IT
Designs, tests, and documents, mechanical designs of components and products used in food process equipment, while applying innovation and creating customer value. Develops and implements assembly processes and fixtures. Supports the assembly line, the Quality, Purchasing and Service as needed.
- Develop, test and release mechanical parts and assemblies for Food Equipment, observing schedule, cost, and market needs.
- Design and implement assembly and test fixtures for Food Equipment machinery.
- Generate BOMs, drawings and other required design documents.
- Manage mechanical engineering aspects of a project from concept to after product launch.
- Supports Quality and Purchasing with parts acceptance and vendor issues.
- Process Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notifications.
- Create invention disclosures and support the resulting patent applications.
- Consult with product/marketing managers on product features and make recommendations.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor as required.
- Support and conduct tests and analysis pertaining to materials, processes, standards, and product improvements.
- Assist design implementation into manufacturing and support the factory floor if required.
- Assist in identifying and initiating technical projects/programs that will lead to product innovation, improvements to existing process and finished goods, productivity increases, and cost reductions.
- Assist with development of technical objectives for projects with alternative strategies for design and materials.
- Conduct and support field failure analysis
GENERAL WORKPLACE EXPECTATIONS:
- Understand and adhere to Globe Vision, Mission, and Core Beliefs.
- Adhere to all Globe policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues across multiple departments.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience encompassing the area of responsibilities.
- At least 5 years CAD experience (Solid Edge a plus)
- Must be familiar with machining, tooling, plastic molding, castings, sheet metal, adhesives, sealing, and assembly processes.
- Must demonstrate mastery of mechanical design process and mechanical drawing standards.
- Must have ability to document the design process fully and accurately from start to finish.
- Knowledge of food equipment applicable Sanitation and Safety standards is a strong plus.
- Experience in materials evaluation and selection required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Good spatial and visualization skills
- Good understanding of physics and mechanical and ergonomic design principles
- Familiarity with analytical and simulation design tools is preferred
- Ability to create sketches, drawings, and / or physical models as needed to communicate product ideas and concepts
- Effective analytical skills, with high initiative and personal integrity
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple projects and problems simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to all levels within the organization, as well as to customers and vendors.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi/cross – functional team environment and implement designs into manufacturing
- Ability to mentor and manage other team members
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in the use of information technology tools such as email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint.
REQUIRED MENTAL/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on occasion and move within and between buildings.
- Must be able to work on a computer using a keyboard and mouse
- Work is generally performed in a combination of office, engineering laboratory and assembly line factory floor environments.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Globe Food Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.